Logo

Water in all cylinders

rmalloy

"need some help here,I Had bee

"need some help here,I Had been driving and trolling all day long on lake Powell with no problems,then I went to throdle up to go home and the engine made a couple of clunking sounds and I shut it down,checked all fluids and temp no problem found there,went to start engine and it was locked up. I since pulled the spark plugs and found wetness in all cylinders. any sugestions?"

sorry I forgot to let you know

sorry I forgot to let you know that the motor is a 350mag with a bravo out drive in a 285 bayliner

"probably back wash from exhau

"probably back wash from exhaust.

Turn it over a bunch and get water out of spark plug holes, check oil for water if none retry and see if all is ok. Try not to troll just use as normal when pleasure riding when testing

WHat year how many hours on motor etc etc."

What year and engine? Have th

What year and engine? Have the exhaust manifolds & risers been replaced? Which cylinders had the most water? If all the cylinders had water in them then I would first suspect both exhaust water shutters are broken.

"sorry about the missed info,

"sorry about the missed info, this is my first time.2004 350Mag MPI with the BravoIII with about 200 hrs. No the manifolds or risers have not been replaced.Is there any other damage I have to worry about?"

Back