Logo

270 WOT TROUBLE

white_dog

CAN ONLY GET 3100 OUT OF BOTH

CAN ONLY GET 3100 OUT OF BOTH ENGINES REPLACED CARBS CHECKED TIMING REPLACED FILTERS HAD PROPS DONE ENGINES RUN FINE BUT WONT SPIN UP IN GEAR ????????????? HELP GETTING EXPENCIVE

"Did this situation exist befo

"Did this situation exist before the props were done? In other words, were the props changed enough to warrant the drop in rpm? Fuel Pickups clean? How long does it run at the 3100 rpm ? Will it stay there for some time or does it drop off further? What year are these engines? Points ? Electronic? Do you know what the operating temps are as you are doing this new lower rpm?"

THE PROPS WERE SPECTED FOR THE

THE PROPS WERE SPECTED FOR THE BOAT IE WEIGHT ENGINE HP AND ALL THE REST THE PROBLEM SEAMS TO HAVE GOTTEN WORSE FROM LAST YEAR BUT NOT FROM THE PROPS. IT WILL RUN ALL DAY LONG AT 3100 1993 400 HRS ELEC. DIST 165 ON THE STAR. AND 175 ON THE PORT

"what were the original propel

"what were the original propellers sized at, what RPM did they enable, and what are the "spec'ed" props sized at???"

THE PROPS ARE THE SAME AS WERE

THE PROPS ARE THE SAME AS WERE ON THE BOAT WHEN I BOUGHT IT IT TURNED 4400 THEN THE PROP SHOP PUT A SMALL CUP IN THIS YEAR I SHOULD ONLY HAVE LOST 100 RPM TOPS

"Joe:

For Heaven's Sake

"Joe:

For Heaven's Sake let off on that Cap Key, okay? (That's called shouting--very rude.)

You need to check the spark advances with a timing light that allows you to measure advance. Even if the distributors are new, the mechanism can stick and reduce the overall timing.

Jeff"

jeff sorry for the caps but i

jeff sorry for the caps but i am not to computer savy i have the timing at 10 deg. at idle does any one know what total should be off the top of there head i think its 2900 rpm

"look for at least 28 degrees

"look for at least 28 degrees by 3400rpm, up to 32 is ok, it should all be in 3200-3400rpm"

Back