Logo

Sherwood E35 flow rates

tclaude

I have Crusader 305's usin

I have Crusader 305's using the E35 raw water pumps and am trying to find out what flow rate I should expect at a certain RPM when measured before the H-exchanger but after the Transmission cooler.

"You won't find what you&#

"You won't find what you're looking for easily.

Here's what the pump is capable of; the oil cooler will only impede it.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_pdf.gif""" align=left alt=""application/pdf"">flow
[url=""][b]e-35 flow.pdf[/b][/url] (88.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

"Thank you mark for the e-35 f

"Thank you mark for the e-35 flow rate chart, I will measure the flow out of the trans cooler at different rpm's and compare it to this chart."

"thanks jeff.

BTW, i che

"thanks jeff.

BTW, i cheated a tiny bit....its actually the chart from the jabsco replacement. It has identical cavity dimensions, uses the same impeller, the cam has the same dimensions, and uses the same pulley....gotta have the same performance."

"Got an update from Sherwood t

"Got an update from Sherwood this morning. finally opened it up and digested it. based on normalizing the data, the PDF chart posted earlier characterizes a NEW impeller, for the conditions shown. Using a nominal 300 hour life, you can expect the flow to decrease up to 10%.

One thing learned that I'd never considered before was the effect of the clamshell over the inlet when cruising. It adds as much as 25% to the flow rate compared to sitting still.

A final note - he stated that there is a 'taller' cam than the standard cam which will fit in the housing - adds about 0.030. He didn't quantify the flow rate improvement. Good to know there's another option for those that may need it."

"You're startin' to sc

"You're startin' to scare me Mark !

wink.gif
"

Back