Logo

Nissan 25hp cooling

kmeadowcroft

"I have a 2.5hp Nissan, circa

"I have a 2.5hp Nissan, circa 1997. It was running well but now the cooling water discharge tube is only putting out hot exhaust or hot air. the shaft of the engine is heating up.

i have back blown air through it and it feels like air is coming out of the exhaust port.

is there a filter to clean on the water intake and if so, where is it? thanks.
Keith"

"Jody, you are spot on. after

"Jody, you are spot on. after this posting, i read many forums looking for an answer. I did get the same indication and took it apart.(Of course as Murphy's law would apply, I snapped the heads off the two 10mm bolts on the lower shaft for tear down. (As it turns out, i didn't even need to take those off to fix the problem.)

Indeed, the impeller was falling apart. Now have one on order. Expensive little buggers but at least I won't burn up the motor.

Much thanks to you for the response.

Keith"

"Can you help me with same pro

"Can you help me with same problem.}
My 2006 8hp-4cycl has all the same symptoms. Inside my engine is like new including the carb. I have the carb off. I do not have the service manual. Which are the jets,ports to clean ? Looks like the carb design is a problem with all these Nissan-Tohatsu outboards."

"Hold on there TG, i see a dir

"Hold on there TG, i see a direct link between carb issue and cooling systems. if your carb is laying on the bench in pieces then your cooling system is working perfectly. Your engine will never get above outside temp and who could ask for better??? Just havin a little fun amidst all these issues.
happy.gif
"

Back