Logo

Mercruiser 50 MPI alarm with 2 beeps

harry01

"I have a Mercruiser 5.0 L MPI

"I have a Mercruiser 5.0 L MPI engine. When the engine is above 1500 RPM an intermittend 2 beep alarm sounds in different intervals of between 1 and 3 minutes(sometimes even only a single beep). When in idle the engine sometimes just stops but can be started without a problem. Can anybody help and give some advice? Thanx
happy.gif
"

"It´s a 2007, about 10hrs. Th

"It´s a 2007, about 10hrs. The temp is 175 & oil press is about 50psi. Oil drive lube resevoir is full. Impeller is still the original one."

Clean the IAC Idle Air Control

Clean the IAC Idle Air Control and the throat of the throttle & air intake. Use Throttle Body Cleaner and not carb cleaner. Also clean the flame arrestor.

"Harry,

have you had any lu

"Harry,

have you had any luck with this issue.??

I've had similar problems with a 4.3MPI. Finally found a Mercruiser rep who appears to know his product. He said a faulty water pressure sender will give the symptoms you have. I'm still to change mine, but it may be worth exploring if you haven't solved the problem by now.

Not one of a number of Mercruiser mechanics I've spoken to had any idea of the cause of this alarm and apparent fault."

"like Guy said, the IAC can do

"like Guy said, the IAC can do that, especially with it stalling. 10 hrs. on an 07 boat might be something built a nest in the IAC filter. if that does not work get a dealer to hook up a scan tool and it will tell you exactly what it is, or you can buy a scan tool.could be more than one problem."

Back