Logo

WOT Low RPM

wickeral

Regular Contributor
"1997 Sea Ray Dancer, 454/300,

"1997 Sea Ray Dancer, 454/300, B-III, TBI. I'm running 24 Pitch Props. Manufacturer calls for 26 Pitch. The Boat performs very well. My problem is, the WOT RPM reaches only 4000. With the 24's you would expect higher RPM. (4600 is Optimum). Any suggestions as to a Shop Tach. that I can use to check out the OEM Tach.? Thanks, Al W."

"[b]"Any suggestions as to

""Any suggestions as to a Shop Tach. that I can use to check out the OEM Tach.?"

Ayuh,... How about a digital Timing Light....

I'd run a Compression Test,+ Full Tune Up before I spend a ton of Cash on another pair of props...."

"Hi Guy and Bondo, I've no

"Hi Guy and Bondo, I've not been around due to Mother in Law living here with us under Hospice care. My boating time is non existant as my wife will not leave her Mom's side. Lower Pitch props are one way to go but I'll look at the Tach. first. Bondo, the Engine is stronge but your suggestion makes sense and I'll do that also. Digital Timing Light is new to me but I'll find one and try it. Thanks, Al W."

I have a "photo tach"

I have a "photo tach" as a 'shop tach'. A little sticky reflector on the balancer and you point the 'laser' to the reflector and digital readout. they are relatively 'cheap' nowadays.

Al:

Sorry about your family

Al:

Sorry about your family issue. Try to borrow one from an auto parts store before buying unless you want one. Take care my friend.

"Thanks Guy, This too shall pa

"Thanks Guy, This too shall pass. It's important to do the right thing for now. Boating will Hopefully come later. In the mean time I'm not wasting time. Boat is Spic and Span, Shining like new. Corvette is Pampered and also very well Waxed."

Back