Logo

Runs at idle with 4 plug wires removed 318

greasemonkey

Regular Contributor
"Lookin for some help and sugg

"Lookin for some help and suggestions.I have a 318RH rotation starts and runs but not firing on all 8 to say the least.I have spark and new clean plugs and wires,seems that should cause the motor to run on 8.I wonder if the cam is worn and the valves arent functioning properly the timing chain is new and only have 9in hgs of vac where the other motor has 18 .I figure I have half a motor running here I put in gear and it pops the pcv hose off the pcv valve but will kind of run for about 5 secs or so seems the shaft isnt wobbly and spins smooth other motor sounds deeper and has more vac.Does any body have any ideas?"

"Check compression, mine did t

"Check compression, mine did this and I found stuck valves from partialy flooded head.
Hope its not this, not too expensive but a pain in the Bum

Good luck

Tony"

"I did a test and it showed 15

"I did a test and it showed 150 on #s1234568 and #7 had 100 I seeem to suspect bad valves because I losing a fuel charge in half my cylinders, I have tried inducing seafoam in the carb and ran the motor with valve cover off and they all moved where would u say Im at here?"

"I hate to say this, but # 7 i

"I hate to say this, but # 7 is one of those that get water in it from a leaking riser/ elbow. I hope there's not a hole in the piston, or broken rings.

That said, unless the firing order is major league screwed up, the rest of those cylinders HAVE to run.

Jeff"

Back