Logo

F225 Stalls

mrterry

"I have a 2004 F225Turc. When

"I have a 2004 F225Turc. When the engine is hot, then shut down for a period of time, then restarted, it stalls when bringing the boat up on plane. I can pump the primer bulb, and the engine restarts and runs as normal. I can continuously pump the primer bulb and have someone else bring the boat up on plane without stalling. I have had 3 different Yamaha dealers look at the problem. One dealer took the boat out on the water with pressure gauges on the fuel system and couldn't find a problem. He says the problem is vapor lock, made worse by ethanol. My fuel has 10% ethanol, which Yamaha says is okay. I'm aware of a technical bulletin that is applicable to my engine, Vapor Recovery Kit, but the tech support guys in Atlanta don't think the kit will fix my problem. No one at Yamaha has been helpful in resolving this problem.

The LP fuel pump has been replaced. I have the old pump. There is nothing wrong with it. I'm thinking about installing the pump between the primer bulb and the engine, and when coming up on plane, switch on the pump for a couple of seconds. That would do what I've been doing with the primer bulb.

Any other ideas?"

I am having similar problems b

I am having similar problems but It will do it at Idle after 2-3 minutes. The dealer said it was the pickup pump. If I pump the ball it runs great.

Back