Logo

1976 Silverton 28b

first_boat

I purchased this in November l

I purchased this in November last year and have had an almost full summer with it i have been trying to use it a lot and figure out it's personal little quircks as all boats and cars have. I wasn't told a lot about the boat and the marina went by original specs and kinda guessed a lot. i was told the motors where 318s however after replacing a starter (that i didn't need Long story tell you later) i found that it had a Chevy starter so now i am thinking these are crusader 350's the engine is painted blue so i cannot see any numbers anywhere.
Anyhow back to the problem at hand the stbrd prop turns very hard by hand and the motor is not running very well it runs rough any ideas?

"Tight stuffing box and/ or cu

"Tight stuffing box and/ or cutlass bearing. Misalignment.

Bad idle adjustment, or needs a tune up.

Jeff"

"I did a tune up in the begini

"I did a tune up in the begining of the season. I think it has always had a bad idle adjustment, ususally stalls when idling, so that is nothing new the current problem is somthing new. "Tight stuffing box and/ or cutlass bearing. Misalignment." is this something that would go bad over the course of the summer? and how do i test for it?"

Back