Logo

1995 baja 236 prop selection

wilstruck

"Does anyone own or have exper

"Does anyone own or have experience with a 95 baja 236? I purchased boat with a 496 mag and curious of what prop would be my best bet for all around performance and speed. Currently has a 21p mirage plus and not to happy with overall speed 45-50 mph. Boat has original bravo 1 drive that was originaly powered by a 454. 496 mag 375hp was installed and everything else left the same. In reading motor specs WOT should be around 4600-4800 rpm. Im able to go over that with 21P prop, looking for a prop that will keep me in that range with best performance and speed gain. Runs 30mph at 3500rpm currently. Im not sure of gear ratio in bravo1 buts its original drive fron 1995. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated."

If you can go past 4800 RPMs w

If you can go past 4800 RPMs w/a 21P prop then you need to increase the pitch. A 23P prop w/decrease RPMs by 200; and so on for each 2 numbers increased in pitch. Make sure the prop is cupped w/a thin edge.

I was also given a michigan wh

I was also given a michigan wheel apollo 23P prop with boat that was brand new and never used. Part# 993026 would this work?

As always thanks GUY

I would give it a shot. Take

I would give it a shot. Take a piece of masking tape and mark on the sidewall where WOT is for the acellerator/shifter. Let it reach operating temp. first and take it to WOT slowly while watching the RPMs. If you get to 4800 and have a little more throttle based upon the tape position; use good judgement if you want to see how high the RPMs will go.

Back