Logo

2004 DF140 temp warning

revenge

"I'm getting a temp warnin

"I'm getting a temp warning when I run at higher RPM's (4000 and up) happens after running for an hour or so. Turn motor off start it back up and it's fine for another 30 min or so then same thing.
Iv replaced water pump,thermostat and water pressure vale all with no luck. Motor pees fine. Any help would be great. thanks...."

"Can you tell me why the spark

"Can you tell me why the spark plugs might be the problem? My DF140 has been experiencing the same problem.
It began after my first service check-up, at which time they changed the spark plugs."

TH
I also had service done b

TH
I also had service done before the problem. checking the plugs tonight. I had knee surgery and have not yet fig out the problem. Driving me crazy.
Ill keep you up to date what I find out. Don't know what im looking for as for the plugs......

"Revenge,
I think I may have

"Revenge,
I think I may have found what has been causing my problem. The water filters on the lower unit were installed upside down, which in turn, caused the small intake openings to be pointed toward the stern. The faster I went, the less water was pushed thru the intakes to the water pump, which eventually caused the heat sensors to activate. I can't confirm this until I get out again. I'll let you know."

"TH
Thanks, Ill check that.

"TH
Thanks, Ill check that. As for the plugs JIT made a great point. Motors run hot when running lean. My plugs look fine but im checking them on the water this weekend..."

I have a DT140 suzuki 4cyl. am

I have a DT140 suzuki 4cyl. am not getting fire on 1&2 get good fire on 3&4 I have changed stator & all coils there is no suzuki mach. within 200 mi. of me so I'm trying on my own is there anyway to check the C D I or would this even be my broblem

Back