Logo

b93 85hp alarm beeping again

I changed out the impeller in

I changed out the impeller in April and have not taken the boat out much this summer. The last 2 times I have taken it down the alarm sounds within 30 minutes of running it at or below 3000rpm.
I shut the engine off for a couple of minutes and then restart. Alarm goes off and engine runs fine.

Could it possibly be the thermostat needs to be replaced? Where is it located and how difficult is it to change?
As far as I know it's never been changed.

The thermostates are part of t

The thermostates are part of the cooling system. Make sure your engine is "peeing" Also have you changed any electronics? If there is a transducer located in-line with the lower unit it will not allow water into the inlets.

3 cylinder yamahas are notorio

3 cylinder yamahas are notorious for salt buildup in the inner water passages causing a blockage pull the head and water jacket i think you will find your problem there.

"The engine does not "pee&

"The engine does not "pee" but it does have a pressure gauge on it and yes it has pressure in the line.

I have not changed any electroninc recently. As far as the transducer question, I don't know?

big fish- my older brother is about to graduate from Wyotech's marine engine program and he says the same thing about "gunk" causing a blockage. How hard is it to remove the heads and water jackets?

Any on-line instructions like I see for impeller changes?"

sorry for the delay but no it

sorry for the delay but no it is not hard to remove the heas and water jackets. make sure you have a good torch when you do it so you do not break any bolts. ince you get the head off you will see what needs to happen from there

"Have 1995 Yamaha, 85 HP, 2 st

"Have 1995 Yamaha, 85 HP, 2 stroke (not oil injected) Yesterday engine shut down and would not restart. Have strong spark on each of the three cylinders. Pulled the plugs and found water around each of the spark plugs electrode. Where should I look for the cause of water around the electrode of each plug? Sprayed WD-40 in each of the cylinders, then poured 2 stroke motor oil in each of the cylinders as the engine was turned over. Did this to possibly avoid cylinders rusting to the walls."

Back