Logo

2001 Suzuki DT 150 Died and wont start Beeps 4 then 2

jfishbones

"Wow, sure glad I found this s

"Wow, sure glad I found this sight.......
I hope someone can help.
I just bought this boat with a 2001 Dt 150 2 stroke. It ran fine for 2 hours, then while cruising at 35mph, she died in the water with alarms going off. The check engine light was on and it was beeping 4 beeps then 2 beeps. Motor wont start. Great start to a new boat. I checked compression, 4 cyclinders at 99psi, 1 at 97psi, 1 at 95 psi. It was supposed to have little use on the motor and the dealer has had it on the floor since 2005 but I wonder why 2 cycliners are lower than the other 4? I can't find any information on what the error codes are, please help?

Jim"

"Having problems with a dt150

"Having problems with a dt150 myself knowing your frustration. Looking in the service manual the beeps you are describing sound like the CKP sensor which is the crankshaft position sensor.

According to what is listed if that sensor fails the engine will stop. It may also be a poor connection. Maybe some of the other experienced people here will chime in.

I don't know how far forward my service manual covers but I don't think it is a really bad problem if it is just the sensor or the wiring to the sensor.

I do not know enough to comment on the compression test, would like to know the answer as well. My manual shows 88psi for compression hopefully that holds true for the 2001 model

Hopefully it is just a loose wire."

"Thanks Harry, I ordered a man

"Thanks Harry, I ordered a manual.
I took it back to the dealer and they told me the kill switch was off which I find hard to believe that on a level plane, crusing 35mph it tripped on it's own...... but I will check it to see if it beeps 42 when I crank it with the kill tripped at the time I pick it up."

Back