Logo

15 Four Stroke Flooding

scotty_walker

"The motor started then died.

"The motor started then died. I took off the hood and a few seconds after starting gas starts flooding out of what looks like small vents on the top of the carb. Is it a stuck float bowl? What should I have with me before I disasemble and inspect, so I am not stranded with a dead motor and no parts. A carb rebuild kit possibly?"

"drain carb onto a clean white

"drain carb onto a clean white rag, with drain plug out pump primer bulb to flush float chamber and loosen needle valve, reinstall and check motor operation. a bad/dirty float needle or a cracked carb float or a poorly adjusted float could cause this. if it continues you could just remove top of carb to check for problem. hopefully it's just a float valve issue and easy to fix without carb rebuild. Good Luck!
happy.gif
"

"Thanks for the advice. I did

"Thanks for the advice. I did not really have time to take a good look at it last weekend. Will the needle be obvious and how many turns is appropriate or should I just count how many it takes to seat and then back it out?

Thanks, Scott"

"the float needle valve is act

"the float needle valve is actuated by the up and down movement of the float, just like in the back of a toilet. drain carb, pump bulb to flush needle valve/float chamber,replace carb drain plug, try to run motor. it may just loosen up and work fine, but if not, remove top of carb and check float/valve/chamber for operation. Good Luck!
happy.gif
"

Back