Logo

Twin Chrysler M360 Engines Wherebs the Coolant

perrard

"I have recently purchased a 1

"I have recently purchased a 1973 Pacemaker that has twin Chrysler 360 engines inboard. For the life of me I can't find where I need to check and fill the coolant for the engines.
Wheil the water is injected underneath to keep it cool, I was also told there was a place for internal coolant, and I am baffled looking over the engine where the coolant storage is on it!!!

Help!

Thanks!!!!!
happy.gif
"

"Forgot to mention. One engin

"Forgot to mention. One engine is heating up when I am out in the water. Maybe at 2k rpm but not pushing it when I see the water temp going up...
A mechanic told us to check the coolant level. And that is where I am baffled, where is the coolant level, I thought this was all external water...."

You might have raw water coole

You might have raw water cooled motors--no heat exchanger. Is this the case?

Jeff

I am sure it is raw water cool

I am sure it is raw water cooled. I see the pipes coming from the bottom of the boat directly feeding into the engine...

"Hmmmm, I see a coolant-heat e

"Hmmmm, I see a coolant-heat exchanger on the manual. But I have never seen anything on the engine that resembles that. Wouldn't a coolant-heat exchanger be on top so I could see the cap???"

"It would, but not on yours!

"It would, but not on yours!

On your overheating problem, be damn sure your pump is not sucking in air at the strainer or a hose connection. (Had that problem on mine.) If that's not the problem, better check the impeller next. I doubt it's the t-stat since it runs okay until you get on it.

Jeff"

"K, verified with the mechanic

"K, verified with the mechanic that I am not losing my mind. There is no heat exchange on this unit. It's all fresh water coming in. We had a BAD year last year with barnicles and he feels that the intake may be clogged. So my next step is to figure out how to get to the intake and clean it out..."

Back