Logo

Prop diameter on 350 mag

gkm24

Regular Contributor
I am currently running a 14 1/

I am currently running a 14 1/2 X 23 prop on my boat which is a celebrity 200 bow rider 350 magnum 1991. It goes fine but seems to rev out quite quickly. I was going to try a 26 pitch prop to see how that goes but should I try increasing the diameter first. Prop always looks a bit small on the back of the boat.

"26P that would be a 4 Blade p

"26P that would be a 4 Blade prop (typically even pitch) as Guy Said, you need to know what the WOT (Wide Open Throttle RPM) is/are.. to know what the correct Pitch Prop is. Prop design, blade size and design, diameter, angles, and boat weight, Horsepower and Torque all affect what works best.

Looking at the prop in proportion to boat size is not a way to choose.

Revving out? meaning? I think the Ideal WOT RPM range for that engine is 4400-4800 If you and a buddy avg about 300-400lbs and about 1/2 tank of fuel top out at 5200rpms, you should be able to go up to a 25p Prop or a 4 Blade 24P prop and still have some nice performance.

I suggest you do some Google.com ing.. for Prop Selectors and Information.

Good luck!!"

Which outdrive? If alpha then

Which outdrive? If alpha then about 15" is gunna be max diameter. I've got a 350 magnum with alpha 1 outdrive pushing a heavy 23' w/a. I use a 4 blade 14.5" diameter with 18" pitch.

Back