Logo

Will this tiller arm fit

brett1610

"Just wanted to know if a 1990

"Just wanted to know if a 1990 9.9hp tiller arm would fit onto a 30hp 1986 (roughly, not real sure if this is the year) outboard?
The 30hp motor is blue with a silver cover, someone was saying that somtimes you can roughly get a year range from the color, anyone have any idea's? Thanks in advance for any help."

"Thank you Guru, I am after a

"Thank you Guru, I am after a tiller arm for my outboard, but not knowing the year is making it difficult! I can't find a plate on it anywhere that has the serial number to get the actual year."

"Years are not important. The

"Years are not important. The only thing you need to know is the model number of the engine....IE M30A, M30A2, M30A3 or M30A4.

Yours would be one of the first two and you need to know which one it is."

"Sorry to be a total dunce! Bu

"Sorry to be a total dunce! But exactly where would I find this information on the outboard?? There are numbers under the cover everywhere but none that resemble any that you have stated, am I looking in the wrong place?!!
You have been a great help it has been very much appreciated."

"Hi Guru,
Have gone over the

"Hi Guru,
Have gone over the outboard everywhere looking for the plate, there is no plate to be seen(I know there is supposed to be one!) anywhere, there doesn't even appear to be a spot where there could have been one previously (where someone could have taken it off). Is there another way to tell at all??"

You an email me an image of th

You an email me an image of the engine and I might be able to tell you. Take one of the outside cover and of the electronics.

Back