Logo

Need a little help please

blade420690

hi. Last year I bought a 1988

hi. Last year I bought a 1988 seaswirl tempo with a 2.3L OMC corba outdrive that had needed the engine put back in it . I have gotten to where I need to firgure out the cooling and the exhuast and what pieces i still need ?

"hy stat thank you for the hel

"hy stat thank you for the help . the web site that you gave to my has helped more than I can say sorry it has taken a long time to reply . I have anouther question this boat has not been in the watter in aleast two years that I know , should I go throu the outdrive befor I put it in the watter ? Also is the alternator & starter able to be rebuilt or would it be less expenis to just replace them ? I have a background in auto mechanics ."

"I would replace the lube in t

"I would replace the lube in the lower unit and the water pump impeller in the drive. Do yourself a favour and pick up a shop manual, I prefer the factory manuals, usually found on ebay for your year.
For the alt and starter, they can usually be rebuilt at most auto electric shops however if you go the replacement route remember that these are marine units with spark protection, if you put in automotive replacements you are breaking the law as well as putting yourself in danger (Kaboom!)"

Back