Logo

Shifting problems

arthur3

"I noticed back on 8-13 that J

"I noticed back on 8-13 that Jose had a shifting problem and i have been having some as well. At times, but not all the time it is very hard for me to shift from forward to neut.Some times i even have to shut the motor off and it will go into neut. as if there is no problem, ruling out a cable problem i would think. Does my particular setup have an ESA module. I thought that in 92 and newer models went with a cone style setup to get away from this,someone please correct me if i am wrong"

Harry....you are correct if yo

Harry....you are correct if you do in fact have a cone clutch model. Please provide the model # off the engine or drive as not all drives in 92 were cone clutch.

"Morning, Bob i will get the #

"Morning, Bob i will get the # off the drive for you in a couple of hours. If there is a interrupter switch and a load lever then does that mean their is a ESA module. There is a wired control box bolted to the right side exhaust heat riser on my engine. If there is only 1 switch then there is no overstroke switch correct? I know there are lots of questions and i thank you for any info that comes my way. By the way, Bob love the boat!!"

Back