Logo

Aq125 will not idle

hooters666

"the boat has not run in 2yrs

"the boat has not run in 2yrs due to spark plugs broke off in the head. well we got them out rebuilt the carb replaced the timing belt put all back together in time and boat will start and only run at approx 2500 rpms and above. Idle down any lower and it dies. We had low cylinder psi before we got it started and used mavel mystery oil to help reseat the rings. We still have one low cylinder but boat will start, just can not get it to idle. A little help on where the setting on the carb adjustment screws should be and any other helpful info would be appreciated. carb on board is a solex 44 pai"

I believe there is only one ca

I believe there is only one carb adjustment screw on the Solex 44 carb. My manual says to turn it all the way in and then back it out 4 1/2 turns. Once you get it to where it will fast idle you will need to adjust the throttle stop adjustment to where you are getting 900 rpm which is the correct idle for the AQ125A. once that is done you might have to tweak the carb mixture adjustment a little to smooth it all out.

If none of that works you may have to pull the cab for cleaning or a rebuild kit.

Back