Logo

315 hp stalling after being warmed up

hickeya

"I have just installed NEW twi

"I have just installed NEW twin 315 hp marine power inboard engines. After running the sea trial (30 minutes @ 3000 - 3400 rpms) and then stopping the engine, I have issues starting the Port engine again. - When it does start, it stalls if I run at 1100 rpm's or at idle. Not sure what is happening?? has anyone experienced anything like this before?
It sounds to me like it is gas starved.. but i am no mechanic...

thanks"

"Sounds to me like you haven&#

"Sounds to me like you haven't yet paid for the installation. to be honest, I wouldn't until the sea trial results are satisfactory. Let the installers find the issue - that's what they are getting paid for.

I'd suspect one or more sensors have a bad connection or were damaged during the install. They should have the tools available to resolve this 'problem' quickly. If they don't...hope you don't have any problems requiring warranty work - it will be an ugly picture."

NOPE - have not paid yet. The

NOPE - have not paid yet. The first time they found nothing wrong - as it works fine in the slip. The second time it did replicate the issue in the slip. It happens after it runs awhile.. then I have issues starting it up...
they are looking towards the feul pump - I am just looking becasue I want to minimize my down time.
thanks for your input

"that's good; you still ha

"that's good; you still have the leverage and they have the incentive to get things right.

They should have a scan tool to plug in and see what the sensor inputs are. If disconnected or sensor malfunctions, a rich condition could easily occur during warm restarts.

Could be in the fuel systemm, too. A vacuumm gauge and a fuel pressure gauge should verify it being leaky or bad in short order.

Keep the updates coming in."

"changed out the fuel pump...

"changed out the fuel pump... seems to be working.
my engine had electric from the ignition, to the oil sending unit, to the fuel pump.... all connections checked out so we replaced the fuel pump. Had it out a couple of times with no issues...

thanks for the info..."

"In the fuel pump feed circuit

"In the fuel pump feed circuit, thats an oil pressure SWITCH - different from a sending unit.

Glad you can spend money consuming fuel now."

Back