Logo

2005 VOLVO PENTA 43

rickrb2

"SOMETHING IS DRAINING MY BATT

"SOMETHING IS DRAINING MY BATTERY, MY RADIO IS HOOKED UP TO MY DUAL SWITH AND TURNS ALL POWER OFF WHEN SWITH IS IN OFF POSITION. mY QUEATION IS WHAT OTHER WIRES SHOULD BE CONNECTED TO THE POSITIVE POST, THERE IS ONE THAT IS ON THERE AND CONSTANTLY DRAWING POWER. i DONT HAVE ANY OTHER ELECTRONICS THAT WERE ADDED TO THE BOAT."

"An automatic bilge pump is th

"An automatic bilge pump is the only thing that should be connected directly to a battery.

If the battery is running down check either for a stuck auto switch, or a leak."

I checked again and the bilge

I checked again and the bilge pump in controlled with a switch on the dashboard i took off wire that is connected to the battery terminal and the bilge pump works when i turn the switch on. what else could it be.

"Some bilge pumps have a built

"Some bilge pumps have a built in float switch that turns the pump on when the water level in the boat gets to a certain level, and the wire to that typically goes directly to the battery with a second lead (manual turn on) at the dash board.

Of course there is the other possiblity, that your battry is old and won't hold a charge or has an internal short."

Back