Logo

How to get more rpms 150

jiggamurf

hi i have a 150 TLRX 1999 the

hi i have a 150 TLRX 1999 the engine runs great. no faults but i notice the rpms only goes up to 4600 give or take 100 rpm. should i be getting more rpms out of the engine? i have a stainles steel 23p prop on it. the boat runs great and planes excellent but im wondering if i should try to get its full rpms out of it. does any one know what WOT rpm is supposed to be and if so how do i get that. thanks oh yeah by the way this boat is a skeeter year 2000 no bottom paint and hull is buffed clean no debree.

"Ricardo, I have a 99 150 same

"Ricardo, I have a 99 150 same and that motor should tack up to as much as 5600 RPM. I have an 18 1/2 ft ZX185 with a 14 1/2 X 25 prop and it holds 5600 all day long. Look at some of the past postings regarding loss of RPM and you should see a fix or at least something to start with. How old is your fuel and what type of Skeeter do you run. I had same problems but fixed my issue with a simple can of octane booster. Not saying that's a fix but spent a lot of time and money before I fixed my problem for $3.50.
James"

Back