Logo

AQ120200 Removal

tdrudd87

"Hello everyone,

I'm w

"Hello everyone,

I'm workikng on removing to rebuild the engine from a AQ120/200. I purchased Seloc's online access and it does not contain this particular drive.

What is the best procedure to remove the engine from the boat? The drive will come off later for a new transom, but I need the block now for machine work.

Thanks,
Terry"

"Use the OEM manual. Not Seloc

"Use the OEM manual. Not Seloc or Clymers, IMO.

Unbolt the engine block from the flywheel cover (bell housing in the auto world).
If memory serves me, two of the starter motor bolts are involved on this engine.

If the Primary Drive Shaft and drive coupler are not rusted or corroded and frozen, the engine should easily come forward, up and out.

."

"Thanks, that's what I was

"Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. I am afraid the splines might be seized, is there a way to separate the bellhousing from the transom if so?

Would this site be the best source for the oem manual?

Thanks again,
Terry"

Pull the drive first and then

Pull the drive first and then the engine with bell housing. Might save you some work and a bent intermediate shaft!

"I have the OEM manual in the

"I have the OEM manual in the mail now, I assume it will have the procedures to go at it both ways?

Thank you everyone for your help.

Anyone guess on the probability of seized splines?

Terry"

"[b]Quote: "Anyone guess o

"Quote: "Anyone guess on the probability of seized splines?"
Six to one/half dozen to the other.
Give it a try... not much to loose.

No need to pull the flywheel cover w/ the engine unless the PDS and Coupler are rust welded together.

Also, no need to pull the entire drive.
If you need access to the bellows and primary drive shaft (for a bearing replacement), the transmission "only" being out of your way will suffice, IMO.

This is a 200 drive, correct?

."

"this is definatly a 200 drive

"this is definatly a 200 drive, the upper unit has 200c tag on it.

Thanks for the advice, I'll wait for the manual and give it a try this weekend.

Thanks again,
Terry"

Back