Logo

TAMD 40B Tach wiring

aucutt

"I would like to install FloSc

"I would like to install FloScan meters and Tach on my twin TAMD 40B's. Which of the wires from the wiring harness are the tach sender wires, and can I simply unplug the tach wiring harness at the tach, or will this effect something else.
Jim Aucutt"

"I have a pair of tachs for th

"I have a pair of tachs for the 40 engine that I was using on my 41B until I found out the 40 series uses a different pulse than my 41 used, so I bought new programmable tachs. Now for the wiring question...the plug for my 41B is the same as my original and new tachs. The original Penta VDO tachs had 4 spades inside a socket and a single spade on the outside (which was not used).
The tach wire labels are W G- top row and + - on the bottom row. The outside spade is labeled +h .
If tachs are needed, let me know, my pn 858558 tachs are now collecting dust.
Engine does not need tachs to run. Flow meters are tricky and expensive. I looked into them and decided they were too costly and complicated to put in properly so they actually work accurately. Teleflex has the Lido line of engine sync guage. I got one and plan to hook it up later this year."

Back