Logo

2004 HPDI 200 CUTS OUT WHEN I HIT A WAVE

live_wire

HAS ANY ONE FOUND OUT WHAT TO

HAS ANY ONE FOUND OUT WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS PROBLEM. MY MECHANIC SAID HP FILTER BUT I CAN RUN 30 KNOTS FOR 20+MILES AND NO PROBLEM UNTIL I HIT A WAVE IT LIKE I SHUT THE KEY OFF AND BACK ON I HAD SAME PROBLEM LAST YEAR AT THE SAME TIME MY MECHANIC SAID CHANGE THE FILTERS SO WE DID AT THE TUNE OF 1200.00 FOR TEST AND SERVICE BUT 150 HOURS LATER SAME THING NOW I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW HITTING A WAVE CAN MAKE A FUEL FILTER STUMBLE ANY ONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

"Our new batteries were only 8

"Our new batteries were only 800 marine amps. Dealer says motor requires 1000 marine amps and may be the problem. Have new batteries, but have not tested. Will let you know.
Darren"

"HEY , DARREN,
SOMTHING THAT

"HEY , DARREN,
SOMTHING THAT IM GOING TO TRY IS REPLACING THE BATTERIE SELECTOR SWITCH MINE IS 23 YEARS OLD IF THERE IS A LOOSE CONNECTION IN IT WHEN THE BOAT HIT WAVE IT WILL KILL POWER TO SYSTEM . ILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS."

"I had a very similar problem

"I had a very similar problem and it was a loose wire under/behind the console which was jiggling up and down when I hit a wake. start up your motor on the muffs and crawl under the dash and move the wires up and down and try to locate the bad connection. mine turned out to be an in-line fuse holder with just a bit of corrosion on the contact points. Easy fix, after you find it!"

"that mechanic may have ripped

"that mechanic may have ripped you on those filters,since the problem you have is pretty obviously wiring/electrical. all the moisture and vibration in a boat,
happy.gif
you have to check all those wires/connections. I use a 3M Scotchbrite abrasive pad to clean connections, then spray with WD-40 to keep moiture out. Good luck this weekend!"

Back