Logo

98 Suzuki DT150 Stalling When Shifting In Gear

harrya

I have a Suzuki DT150 that kee

I have a Suzuki DT150 that keeps shutting off when shifting in forward or reverse. Changed the neutral switch and changed the throttle position sensor and tested range.

It seems that the timing is not advancing when shifting.

I also checked the all linkage and have the correct measurements.

RPM drops to about 550 to 650 rpm when shifting out of neutral.

Gear tooth counter seems to be working

Motor tend to load up after I try to go into gear.

Hi Just In Time. Forgot to me

Hi Just In Time. Forgot to mention in my post that it is a EFI. But I will check and change out the primer bulb. Motor seems to have extra fuel it seems that it is stalling out because of too much fuel. Once I get it up over the 1200rpm range seem to burn the excess and stop smoking fuel. Not sure if the timing is advancing.

I checked the low pressure fue

I checked the low pressure fuel pumps after pumping the bulb up 3 times at each of low pressure fuel pumps had about half drop of fuel at the hole which attaches to the engine just a slight amount. I really put a lot of pressure on the bulb to make sure the low pressure pumps were not leaking into the intake.

From the service manual the high pressure pump has some sort of check regulator built into it. Is this why you think I am getting too much fuel?

I also changed the fuel regulator as well.

Checked and cleaned the Vapor Separator Tank tested to make sure no fuel was venting into the intake as well.

My other question is how long should the primer bulb remain hard with the engine off before it loses pressure again. I tested the low pressure pumps from a 3 gallon tank sitting on the back of the boat and seem like after 10 min I had lost pressure at the bulb when I was checking the low pressure pumps.

I did not see fuel leaking from any of the hoses on the motor.

I have a brand new one I am going to repeat the test with the new one. Could it be from the ethanol eating the gasket material this bulb is only about 6 mo. old and is a name brands not a generic type.

The other thing I noticed when I clean and dry the spark plugs the motor runs and shifts into gear fine without stalling but after I do this a 2 times it starts to build up with fuel and starts to act up.

Thanks For Your Help!!!!

Back