Logo

Aq151 carbs

teewitch

"Hi

I have recently bought

"Hi

I have recently bought and old Aq151 to replace a 171 (most of which's valves were destroyed when the cam-belt snapped - doh!).

now I am struggling to find carbs for the 151...

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the carbs on the A,B and C variants of the AQ151, and if they are interchangeable at all?

Also, is there any other make of carb that can be used as alternative to the volvo penta ones which it seems are very hard to come by these days?

any help appreciated.

(and if anyone in UK needs a nearly new (20hrs)exhaust manifold for a 171 - let me know).

cheers."

"Hi Trevor,

Forget the Sole

"Hi Trevor,

Forget the Solex carbs and convert your AQ151 to the Weber single carb. Search this forum on 'Weber' for loads of info. If you decide to go the Weber route, pm me and I'll do what I can to help you with the conversion. /Tom"

"Trevor ,I am in the process o

"Trevor ,I am in the process of changing over to the Weber single 2 barrel carb. and manifold on my twin AQ151's, very spendy but was told they work great as they have electic chokes and make starting a lot easier. If you decide to stay with the twin Solix carbs I may be able to help you as I have 2 sets including manifolds."

Re: "Trevor ,I am in the process o

Gents, is the change over to a single Weber carb the ONLY fix for this starting problem? Seems too expensive, hope there's another solution!

dave

Re: "Trevor ,I am in the process o

I have the twin solex carbs on my AQ130D. I know there are slight differences in the carbs but I really haven't had problems with mine. These carbureators are sensitive to debris and must be kept clean and the engine needs to be in good tune, but I really haven't had much problem with starting. There are no chokes so they are a little cold blooded but my engine still starts on the second or third try, even when it's cold out. Maybe I'm just oine of the lucky ones (knock on wood).

hey trevor, i have 2 carbs off a 1976 aq 130. i am a little new to working on boats so i dont know if they will work for you. I am also in bend oregon. let me know.

Re: "Hi

I have recently bought

Hi teewitch, its been a long time since your post, but do you still have the AQ171c exhaust manifold, I nee one. Regards, Holty.

Back