Logo

74L Bravo II 2 Piece Raw Water Pump Replacement

keverno

"My plastic housing on my 2-pi

"My plastic housing on my 2-piece seawater pump is looking a little worn. I note that this part is no longer available and has been superseded by a complete one-piece pump conversion Mercury kit part number 46-807151A14.
Does anyone know what material Mercury kit new body is made of?
Are there any issues converting to the one-piece style pump, looks straight forward.
I also note the GLM make a kit (P/n 12088) has anyone used or have an opinion on the GLM kit – I see the body is made of brass.
I prefer to use the genuine Mercury part, but have used some GLM parts in the past without any problems.
I live in New Zealand; sometimes the Mercury parts can way over priced compared with the US or not in stock."

"Thanks for the reply I decide

"Thanks for the reply I decided to use the Mercury plastic housing mainly because my boat is used in salt water and moored in a marina if I use a brass housing I would most likely need to fit an anode some where in the raw water path, the boat has a closed cooling system.
I ordered the part on the 18th of August and it has just turned up after coming from Australia and then getting lost in the courier system between Auckland and Wellington.
I was looking the internals of the housing and noted 4 distinct rough ridges running across the width of the pump, as the edges of the impeller run across these as they rotate.
Are you suppose to dress these smooth until the roughness of the edge has gone or just leave them?"

Back