Logo

2005 DF 70 hp Four Stroke

"Still will not run past 2300 rpm at full throttle. Idles until the cows come home perfectly. Nearest dealer is 12 hr drive away. Had "Anderson Marine" in LA send me a new computer to try paid $925 for it thinking that was the problem, now he won't return my calls or take it back. I need help real bad, can anyone tell me where I can get it. Located in Utah and tired of trying to fix. This motor has less than 12 hrs on it."

first make sure that your shif

first make sure that your shift indecator switch is working and hooked up if the computor does not see that the shifter is in forward it will not rev.

Now that's some info I can

Now that's some info I can use. I did not know that.
I will contact a Evinrude or I guess "Johnson" dealer and ask. Thanks.

"This motor does "Rev"

"This motor does "Rev" up when hooked to the hose and put into gear, it just doesn't want to run on the lake. Weird! Any more ideas?"

"Spoke with Evinrude tech toda

"Spoke with Evinrude tech today, says he doesn't know if software is the same? Has anyone else seen this done? The problem can't be serious it used to run great."

"get on the computer and call

"get on the computer and call Brown's, one of the brothers is the best in the world on Suz's, and he is nice and helpful, they are one of the oldest dealers, located up north but you can google and find them"

"I had a similar problem with

"I had a similar problem with my '03 DF70. Turned out to be very dirty fuel injector/injectors. They were sent to Florida rebuilt, flow tested and reinstalled. Runs great now."

Re: 2005 DF70 Four Stroke

I have a brand new computer module for DF70 (2005) that was purchased for trial and error trying to find problem. If someone needs one email me at
[email protected] and I will make you a great deal. Dealer won't take it back.

Back