Logo

485 vs new 3 liter

iceknight

"stuck a post up last night bu

"stuck a post up last night but cant seem to find it anywhere.... anyways,

Does anyone have experience going from a 485-470-190 to a new 3 liter??? if so was there much of a power drop after installing the slightly smaller engine?? and fuel consumptions??

how reliable are they?

cheers,"

"I haven't done a convert

"I haven't done a convert but, your looking at a 50hp difference, depending on the size boat, i'd say about a 10mph loss, but fuel usage will increase depending on the usage, you'll need a different gear ratio drive, different transom plate to I think, and the front mount is a little more aft to..

the 3.0l engines are very very reliable. but only as reliable as the care they get"

"I was planning on getting a c

"I was planning on getting a complete unit new,

the boat is a 22ft gamefisher, fiberglass, cant seem to find anything on the boat in aus, are they possibily a us boat?

Might be better off staying with the old motor, I was thinking a mpi v6, but at over 20 grand for a new one here in australia is outragous,

Thanks for the info
"

"Hi Joey, I just imported a 6

"Hi Joey, I just imported a 6.2 liter V8 MPI, fresh water cooled, Mercruiser for just under $10k. Motor only. Here I was quoted $36,994.00. There are plenty of suppliers in the US who ship to Australia. I got mine off an Ebay store, not an auction.
Chris in Hervey Bay. (Picture is at 1770)"

"Hi there chris, im guessing y

"Hi there chris, im guessing you can get whole units eg leg, motor and all the hardware?

what about getting it here? is the 10k including importation or anything else that applies?

(1770 is a nice place. fished it last month out off bault reef, fitzroy ect, channel is terribly marked at night tho!)"

Back