Logo

It must be the boat

boatsrcool

I must have a problem with my

I must have a problem with my boat. I'm having several issues every time I plan on taking the boat out for a day on the lake. My problems consist of...... Rain........ clouds....... unseasonably cool temperatures....... Wife is in a bad mood..... She desides the boat makes her look fat..... I have to work........ The kids are scared..... Something else is planned because for some reason it's more important. And it seems to happen 9 out of 10 times this summer. I don't know exactly where to start to trouble shoot this problem. BTW it's a 2001 Bayliner Capri 19 1/2' with a 3.0 Merc Alpha 1.

Can anyone help?

"Take it to the local Walmart.

"Take it to the local Walmart. Park it just inside the driveway entrance, put a "For Sale" sign on it, put wife & kids in it, accept first offer when cash is present.

If necessary, include truck as part of the deal."

"Having the same type problems

"Having the same type problems and mine isnt even running yet. It is a 1967 17' runabout with a '65 2.5L, '68 flywheel house, '06 coupler, '66 transom and '68 OD.
Thanks for your input on this issue. For awhile I thought my issue was unique. If I run up on solution I will post here. In the mean time break out the Cubano's, Black & White and bug spray."

"Summer has decided to rest it

"Summer has decided to rest it's weary head here in the Pacific Northwest this year. We've had summer since before Memorial Day weekend and up until two days ago when it decided to rain and much needed dousing. Summer will return tonight and through the weekend. Since we've had two the worst summers the past two years, two weeks last year and one week the year before, we are not giving back.

Sorry.

Going boating this weekend, need sunshine for beer drinking and crab eating activities."

"new truck ..... $20,000 - $40

"new truck ..... $20,000 - $40,000,

Outstanding boat tow bill ..... $300,

Marina Repair Bill ..... $873,

Most all problems gone is a brief, cash-based transaction (at least the thought of it occurring); priceless!"

"Take her water skiing in alli

"Take her water skiing in alligator alley. The engine may stall a few times.
light_bulb.gif
"

"Now there's a great sugge

"Now there's a great suggestion. I can't believe I've overlooked these suggestions. I'm certain it will solve all boat problems. Man I love this forum.

PugetSounder, I'm happy to share our summer with you, but you have to take the wife also! Sorry, but that's my final offer. She's a good and trusty version of a women. Showing lots of signs of age. Ton's of wear and tear. She has this terrible growl when you try to warm her up in the morning. She'll fight you the entire day, and you don't know if you'll make it back. Everything she's in; makes her look fat. And trust me, she's trustworth. You can always trust the fact that she'll spit and sputter anytime you get her to go somewhere."

"Sees I have a simular problem

"Sees I have a simular problem... Wife always says, "When is the boat going to be launched"
Say I... " There are a few projects that need finishing on the boat before it splashes..."
Says she... "Oh, remember this weekend we promised to...."... that's on the very few non rainy weekends so far here in NJ.
We NEVER have anything else we have to do when it rains...

If all goes as planned, boat should hit the water this Monday... with a few "in the water doeable projects outstanding..." Running out of fluke (summer flounder) season here at a fast rate...sigh..."

Jeremy as long as you send you

Jeremy as long as you send your boat along with her I'll find room for your wife. Possibly in my crab trap. j/k I'm sure your wife is a fine woman and you would be dead if she read this forum ;)

"Jremy, To save you from bad b

"Jremy, To save you from bad boating,,,get your wife involved...Have her back the boat down the ramp and you drive the boat off...If your wife is like mind have her learn to drive the boat...She loves the boat now,,,I have learned to wakeboard at 54yrs...Get your kids invloved too..Mine take the boat out and have a ball, while I'm stiing and drinking beer...Good like"

Bert you are no marriage counc

Bert you are no marriage counceler! I can just see my wife trying to back a trailer and me giving her instructions. I can see that video all over youtube and me looking like one big Ahole!

Naw luckily my wife is just content to ride along. I wish she could back a trailer or dock a boat but my marriage is fine for now.

"Gentleman.
Just put the boat

"Gentleman.
Just put the boat on a marina so she who must be obey'd can walk straight onto the boat without any fuss and its surprising just how nice they can become about the whole boating thing.
wink.gif

(Boat)= Bring On Another Thousand.

Just starting to warm up over here now.

Cheers
Peter C."

"G-Day Peter, 30 in Hervey Ba

"G-Day Peter, 30 in Hervey Bay today. The whale season is in full swing, heaps of them in the bay, half a dozen only 200 m off Moon point on Fraser Island. Only 10 minutes away from the marina !!"

"Chris
Sounds great, my boat

"Chris
Sounds great, my boat is a bit sick at present and was broken into on the mooring a couple of weeks ago so unfortunatly I havent been out enjoying the near perfect weather we have been having down here at Lake Macquarie.
Cheers
Peter C"

Back