Logo

Suzuki DT75 inconsistent water pee problem

smiley

"Hi all
I have a suzuku DT75.

"Hi all
I have a suzuku DT75. The problem i have is that the water coming out of the pee hole is not always very strong, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't to the point where it really just dribbles sometimes, I've taken the bottom leg off and run water directly up the pipe and it comes out of the pee hole just fine, I've totally stripped down the impellor assembly to ensure no blocks, I've taken the thermostat out and checked and that is all ok. is there anything else that could be causing the pressure from the pee hole to be fluctuating?

What is strange is that if i put my mouth over the pee hole and blow into it as hard as i can it seems to help the problem for a period of time, ( I have forced water through the engine from a hosepipe via the pee hole and also done this when the thermostat was out to try to flush out any obstructions but basically nothing came out)

I've exhauseted everything i can think of!!
I think i remember seeing something about a poppet or something in a previous post but I've no idea what a poppet is or what it should do!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Miles"

"Just in time thanks for your

"Just in time thanks for your reply. The impellor looks fine, Im assuming the impellor is the only pump for the water!? What is the Poppett!? what does it do and where can it be found!?
Thanks Again"

Miles
Water pressure valve is

Miles
Water pressure valve is EZ to replace. And could be a cheap fix. It controls the water pressure in the motor. Two screws and it off. At least on my motor.
If you decide to change it get a new o-ring for a good seal. Service manual also has a lot of info.
Good Luck....

I got a nasty feeling its a he

I got a nasty feeling its a head off job to replace.. not sure 100% but thats what it looks like from looking at the parts diagrams that brownpoint have got on the internet. Trouble is over her in the UK i can't seem to find anyone who supplies anything for Suzuki motors!!

Back