Logo

1998 50 Mercruiser Alpha RPM loss during use

bcvandee

My 210 Crownline has 5.0L Mecr

My 210 Crownline has 5.0L Mecruiser with electronic choke on the 2bbl. I fear the electronic choke is dead/stuck wide open and thats whats causing my boat to lose 600-800 RPM from initial start-up throughout use of the day. Boat is also slow to jump out of water and further worse throughout day. I can actually hear/feel the boat coming in and out of power when wide open. How can I test my electric choke? What else could be causing this of not the carb?

"Where is the accelerator pump

"Where is the accelerator pump? Is this part of the carb?

Also, this boat is 12 years old and only has just over 200 hours on it. The guy who owned it peviously was an old accentric with little time to use it. What other problems from minimal use might I expect from this or need to be aware of? Ive already done the litte things like plugs, wires, water pump, exhaust flappers, filters, Mechanic inspected, Ring Free fuel shock, etc..."

"Grease the gimbal bearing and

"Grease the gimbal bearing and all other zerk fittings on the OD, power steering unit and the engine coupler spline shaft.

Change the OD impeller. It's in the lower unit of the OD. You might want to change all of the bellows and water inlet hose due to age. They are on the underside of the OD."

Back