Logo

130HP four stroke outboard alarm and wont start

jenny_mersea

"I have a Sunseeker 28 Offshor

"I have a Sunseeker 28 Offshore with twin 130 hp Honda outboards on the back. I am having a problem with one of the outboards. It was working but then ran out of fuel. When tried to re-start after refueling a constant alarm sounds and engine will not start and fuel pump will not come on. I have put on new temperature sensor, oil pressure sensor, air sensor, new ECU and new wiring loom. But still alarm sounds constantly and will not start any ideas anyone ? Can't find anyone in my area that can come out and plug a computer into it . Know anyone near Colchester Essex?"

"Does the engine turn over but

"Does the engine turn over but not fire? If so, the first thing I always check is whether the kill switch has be inadvertently pulled, or become disconnected.

Never owned a 130. But most of these Hondas have a set of flat fuses on the port side. Did you check those?"

"There are two 30a and one 10a

"There are two 30a and one 10a fuse as well as one 90a fuse (which can blow if you happen to hook up your battery backwards.

A computer does not work on the 130. It only has a winky blinking system. You need a shorting plug to make it all happen. Under the ECM cover is a red plug, that is plugged into a connector (which only acts as a holder...no wires coming out). If yours is one of the first 130's, the plug will only have two connections. Light green wire with white stipe and the other is a black wire. You can just put use a paper clip to jump these two. If you have one that has four pin connector, then I am not sure which wires to short. I will have to check. Once you do this and turn on the key switch, the check engine light on your dash will flash several flashes in sequence (like a car does) Codes will be none, on solid, 4,6,7,8,14,or 24. A manual would really help. This is a pretty simple system.

Did you make all the changes (wiring harness, ecm, etc.) before or after the problem?

The good news is...you have another 130 right next to it.

One last thing...have you had your main power relay replaced? If you are the original owner, you should have been notified in 2005 or so that it should be changed. If it is a fairly new 130, then the relay has probably already been replaced. It depends on your serial number.

It just seems to be quite a coincidence that it would go would just by running out of fuel."

"The high pressure fuel pump m

"The high pressure fuel pump may have failed due to running dry.
You could try swapping the fuel pump from the other motor, & check the fuse."

Back