Logo

1967 120hp 25L water pump hose

txgalzdah

Regular Contributor
"First and foremost, keep in m

"First and foremost, keep in mind this is a rebuild of an "antique" and it is my hobby.
lol.gif
I am getting ready to assemble the motor. It is a GM 153 ci 2.5L I4 circa 1965. Yes it is old but the machine shop was able to clean her up beautifully. The bore came out at only 020 over. I am trying to stay ahead of the game by ordering parts for the next steps in assembly.
I am looking at pieces and parts for the cooling hoses and have run up on two items. Both items come off the discharge side of the water pump.
First, the J shaped hose that comes off the discarge and connects to the fwd end of the exhaust jacket. All the catalogs show a U shaped hose for the 2.5L. I am assuming this would be for a newer model 2.5L. There is also a hose in the catalogs that appears to be what I am looking for but the listings are for a 6cyl. Question: Was the J shaped discharge hose used on later models like the 6cyl 165hp?
Second, the discharge side of the water pump has a 5/8" hose connection. On my original setup it has a rubber cap to close off this connection. This part appears to be NLA. Any comments or suggestions for this cap piece. I am looking at a piece of hose as a gasket and a brass cap to plug this outlet.
Suggestions and comments will be welcome."

Re:" On my original setup

Re:" On my original setup it has a rubber cap to close off this connection."

Rubber/neoprene caps of various sizes are often available in your local hardware store.

"Merc. PN: 32-33484 HOSE, WAT

"Merc. PN: 32-33484 HOSE, WATER OUTLET ELBOW TO WATER PUMP

Merc. PN: 32877 COVER, WATER PUMP

Both OEM parts are available from this site. Click on engine parts above and insert PN in the search box."

"Guy,
Thanks for the par

"Guy,
Thanks for the part numbers. I finally gave up on fudgeN with it and went to the Marine store. With in 10 minutes of walking through the door the clerk had my parts on order.
It's not the shuttin up and sittin down that's hard, it's knowing when. Thanks again."

Back