Logo

AQ 131A question

rmd

"I have a AQ131A and had two q

"I have a AQ131A and had two questions:

1. Dont see an air filter anywhere (maybe i am looking in the wrong place) so was wondering if the flame arrester serves double funtion as an air filter?

2. Can I use certain automotive parts to replace the marine parts, in particular the distributor cap and rotor, and if so what engine can we use to get parts from?

Thanks."

"Flame arestor only..... no ai

"Flame arestor only..... no air filter to speak of!
Unless you are doing dusty OFF Road Boating, it is not a requirement! LOL

And NO on the use of automotive parts as a general rule.
Most any electrical component is certified to be what is called "Ignition Protected" for gasoline marine engines whereby the engine is enclosed in the hull.

Post questions here and you just may save some money by learning what/where to purchase some of the parts that you may be needing.

Edit: Here are two caps on e-Bay. Find your P/N.... one of these may work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VOLVO-PENTA-CAP-ROTOR-KIT-18-5356-18-5428_W0QQitemZ270441151535QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBoat_Parts_Accessories_Gear?hash=item3ef78c7c2f&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VOLVO-PENTA-CAP-ROTOR-KIT-18-5358-18-5428_W0QQitemZ360178845734QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBoat_Parts_Accessories_Gear?hash=item53dc550826&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245"

Thanks Ricardo and El for the

Thanks Ricardo and El for the quick answer. Just purchased from ebay and saved about $50. Pretty much got a free tank of gas.

[b]Forget the thanks and distr

Forget the thanks and distributor cap...... Where can I purchase a tank of fuel for $50? I want some! LOL

"Ricardo, just get an aluminum

"Ricardo, just get an aluminum 14'-15' boat with a 9.9 -15HP outboard. Then, you can buy not one but TWO tanks of fuel for $50 (or less).
biggrin.gif
"

"Well El, I may have to do ju

"Well El, I may have to do just that!

$50 worth of fuel for my twin 5.7's just doesn't do much for me these days! Wish it did!
Thank goodness for the DP's."

Back