Logo

43 electric fuel pump wiring

lear0

"i have a 96 4.3 that i have j

"i have a 96 4.3 that i have just replaced the motor in. well i thought i had all the wires marked etc, but i got 2 that i can't find a home for.

the electric fuel pump is not getting juice,so i traced the wires down [a purple with a connector and a black with a eye type terminal] and they are not connected to anything. they are both laying right behind the carb and in front of dist. i have looked for 2 hours and still can't find where thay go. any ideas"

thats just what i needed. i ha

thats just what i needed. i had looked all over for a wiring diagram and couldn't find one that showed the fuel pump. thanks

Try the black with the ring to

Try the black with the ring to ground.

The "purple with a connector" is a bit open ended. Purple is usually +12V with the key on. A guess would be to the oil pressure switch.

Does the choke have wires to i

Does the choke have wires to it? It needs a ground and a purple power lead.

I just had a problem with my f

I just had a problem with my fuel pump on a 1996 4.3L. I did not have an electrical tester with me so I started tracing wires. I found the small diameter eye terminal on a black wire and the purple wire with a shielded slide on connector. Both were unhooked and I thought I pulled them out when I was tracing the lines.

I checked power to the fuel pump last night and it was fine. 10-12volts when cranking the engine. I ended up pulling the pump out and I was able to get it to pump out of a small container of gasoline. I re-installed and the thing started right up (about 6 seconds of cranking). I think the pump may have vapor locked or something.

Bottom line is I think your two loose wires may have been for some optional add-ons that you don't have. Mine are still loose and the boat ran like a champ last night.

"after finding the wiring digr

"after finding the wiring digram and tracing those 2 wires down,they are for a electric choke,that mine didn't have. yours sounds the same way."

Back