Logo

Timing problems

paul_rodgers

Regular Contributor
"I have had the distributer ou

"I have had the distributer out after replacing head gaskets and just about everything was bad so I gave it a once over by my standards, I can't seem to get the roter to point at #1 Plug, I am sure it is at TDC but it goes too far one way or the other, any tricks that I should look for?? Thanks."

paul you have to make sure you

paul you have to make sure your up all the way. sounds to me like she is just starting over the top and on its way down also year make and model would be of some help

"when you install a dist ,the

"when you install a dist ,the #1 plug has no relation as to where #1 is on the cap.Set #1 cylinder at TDC ,Compression stroke,see where #1 is on the cap, install with rotor facing that area, drop dist in making sure oil pump drive is correct,set timing when running"

"Thanks Bt Doctor, I appreciat

"Thanks Bt Doctor, I appreciate you guys, I am learning alot about this boat I might have been mis-informed about how to time the distributor, This is the info I have so far!! Bring to TDC on compression stroke, Thats (Done) I was told that the rotor has to point at the #1 Cylinder thats also (done). Tried to start and only cranked I will double check everything in the morning and hopefully my new distributor and rotor will be in. Both very rough condition.. again Thanks a bunch!!"

Back