Logo

Mercruiser 30 liter

tedz

"1993 Mercruiser S/N OF15114

"1993 Mercruiser S/N OF15114

Bought used. Runs a while (10 minutes) then dies. Will start reluctantly after sitting a few minutes. Compression, great. Power, great. Assumed fuel problem, fuel pump strainer pretty dirty, serviced carb strainer, no change. Took entire ignition system off of a good running 3 liter. No change. Installed fuel pressure gage in the vertical line from the fuel pump to the carb. 6 psi all of the time.

So!! The carb may be running dry if there is a float in it. Assume there is but i am a diesel guy. Is there such a thing as a carb rebuild kit or i can just take the carb all apart and blow everything out?

Any other ideas?

Thank you very much. First Mercruiser, lots of Mercury outboards."

"The 2 BBL carb is easy to reb

"The 2 BBL carb is easy to rebuild. Kits are available at any Merc. dealer. Get a Mercruiser kit and not an after market. You'll need a manual for the carb settings for the float, etc. Make sure to get a new float and accellerator pump. Use the metal tag numbers on the carb for identifying it. All gaskets are installed dry. Soak the bowl and guts o'night and blow dry w/compressed air for best results. No need to remove the choke or throttle butterflies."

I'm sure everyone has noti

I'm sure everyone has noticed that on
CARBURETOR (MERCARB) 0C856559 THRU D447414 the spring is on the carb side of the strainer and on CARBURETOR (MERCARB) 0D447415 THRU 0D836075 the spring is on the outside of the strainer. This does not seem right. Is one a misprint? Which way is correct?

Thanks.

Ted

Spring goes in first then the

Spring goes in first then the screen solid bottom first. The spring holds the screen against incoming fuel.

I see what you are saying abou

I see what you are saying about 2 diff. ways. I looked up my 4.3L 2 BBL Mercarb in the factory manual and it shows the spring first. I always install it w/the spring first. The on-line Merc. catalogue shows the opposite. I believe the manual.

Back