Logo

Wherebs my water circulating pump

chickenofthesea

"1971 LM318

Yes, I know it

"1971 LM318

Yes, I know it sounds stupid. I was checking out my one belt and I was able to see and ID the raw water pump (lots of hoses coming out of it, the alternator, and big pully which turns the works. I didn't see anything that looked like a traditional waterpump (as in a car) Do have a circulating pump or does the raw water pump handle both jobs?
uhoh.gif
"

"..."does the raw water pu

"..."does the raw water pump handle both jobs"

If it's one of those goofy dual pocket pumps, then YES. This type of pump has four hoses on it.

Jeff"

"Yep, I have the GOOFY one.

"Yep, I have the GOOFY one. I found spare impellers and what appears to be some sort of short drive shaft for the waterpump in the previous owner's 'parts box'."

Re: "Yep, I have the GOOFY one.

I'm trying to sort out the plumbing on my 1972 LM318 (in a Correct Craft with Velvet Drive). Do you have any pics of your pump? I'm thinking I have the same goofy dual pocket pump. Do you have any part numbers or suggestions on where to find documentation for this set-up? The manuals I've found don't seem to describe this set-up. Your postings are the first hint of something that seemed to make sense for my situation. Thanks!

Back