Logo

79 30 LITER OMC

dnoble

"HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS BOA

"HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS BOAT FOR 6 YEARS AND IN LAST STEPS OF BUILDING BOTH MOTORS,MISSING SOME PARTS,TIMING COVERS AND ONE OIL PAN CHECKED ALL
BOAT PARTS STORES AND GM AND CAN'T FIND ANY. IS THERE ANY ONE PARTING OUT 3.0 LITER OMC MOTORS"

Pan ebay auction number 33034

Pan ebay auction number 330349972366
timing cover ebay auction number 330350213522

looked at both ebay auction #&

looked at both ebay auction #'s oil pan for merc ont omc and timing cover for v6 also checked out
link and could not find correct parts. has any other ideas where i could locate them (timing cover and oil pan 3.0l 181 inline 4)

"any 4 cylinder 2.5-3.0 merc o

"any 4 cylinder 2.5-3.0 merc or omc motor will fit, however the oil pump might have to be changed out if you get a merc pan, so did you call joe on the phone and ask him if he has what you need.

i would be surprised if he don't have what you need."

"Both those parts I referenced

"Both those parts I referenced are the exact parts you need. There are no variations on oil pumps or pans on a 3.0
You can paint the oil pan blue if you want.
The timing cover is not for a V6. It is for an I4 and I6 and is the exact part you are looking for.
The pan looks mint, and the cover is brand new. I would grab them fast if I were you.
The pans and covers on 3.0's liked to rust through as they sit low in the bilge. A lot of the used stuff out there is junk, especially if used in or near salt water."

it will fit the pan no questio

it will fit the pan no question the variation is the oil pump it's pointed different on a merc then a omc same year 3.0.

my mistake caused me to transfer a 3.0 into my boat but the pan was shot so i had to put the pan from my old omc motor on the merc 3.0 the oil pump was bent in a different direction had to put the pump from the omc on the merc as well i was surprised also.

both 85' motors the merc and omc.

Interesting. That Merc pan doe

Interesting. That Merc pan does have a different shape sump and the drain in the wrong spot as well.
Thanks for straightening me out on that one.

"Hy i never meant to straighte

"Hy i never meant to straighten you you out on anything.

i have the greatest respect and admiration for you.

it happened to me when i went to switch out the pan and i noticed the sump, and it was no problem to just pull the other off and fit it.

i had the motor side bye side on a skid changing over the parts like the flywheel.

omc flywheel had different studs had to change the flywheel also.i learned alot that day."

chiefalen--looked in the link

chiefalen--looked in the link and could not find
joe's phone # not good at the computer stuff had tohave friend get me on the page. if it is ok with joe could you give me the #

my boat have two engines if yo

my boat have two engines if you were building would or should i get oil pans that match like
both oms or both merc or is it ok to run one of each

"don't know where you are

"don't know where you are at but you will have to have it shipped to you if your not in NJ. It's a 79 motor then any oil pan up to 93' will fit. i believe the newer ones would fit also but i don't know for sure.

You also need a 4 piece gasket set. ebasic has it, the gasket set, wholesalemarine, go 2 marine also.

Doesn't matter merc or omc, but the merc one uses one quart more. So be aware cause the dipstick will show different.

When you put the 5 quarts in if it's a merc pan just run it for 5 minutes and pull the stick and mark where the full mark is with a nail or something.

ebay is the best place to find a used one new 350 dollars maybe a little less.

you have a custom auto store near you and they look up a 2.5 chevy II that pan will fit, just paint on the outside whatever you do get 3-4 coats is what i painted mine.

Kodiak custom in Nj got me the timing cover i painted that 4 times before i installed it on my 3.0."

"HOW MUCH WAS THE TIMING COVER

"HOW MUCH WAS THE TIMING COVER FROM KODIAK CUSTOM,
I'M IN WASHINGTON STATE AND THIS BOAT ONLY SEE'S SALT"

Back