Logo

Who knows part number for clutch dog

jrod1540

Contributing Member
i have a 1986 3.0 omc and have

i have a 1986 3.0 omc and have had other forums about parts but on this item i do not know the part number for the clutch dog (let me also add it is a cobra outdrive) and i cant seem to find a place to buy it seperate from the gear set which i already have just no clutch dog

shop.evinrude.com all parts bo

shop.evinrude.com all parts books online there. You can bring the number back here as well and check stock

yea i just tried that part num

yea i just tried that part number but it only brings it up as the entire gear set .... it like the part is obselete by itself even BRP doesnt have it sold by itself

"911968 seems to sub up to 912

"911968 seems to sub up to 912607, they show 3 in stock for $99, give that a try"

also i ask because here on thi

also i ask because here on this other website it shows clutch dog that says it fits 1986-1987 3.0 and at the bottom of the description it say the oem number is the same as the ebay number which is 323664...but when i look it up other places it doesnt always say it fits can somone confirm cause i found it super cheap and want to jump on this deal

The one in this ebay auction i

The one in this ebay auction is for outboards only not a Cobra.

Actually when the Cobra came out it had 2 deg gears and they thought that was their gear problem so they switched the 5 deg gears only it ended up being the lower shift cable that was causing all the problems.

Anyway the number I gave you above is for 86-87 3.0 and the 86 2.5 and 87 2.3.

If you are changing the gears as well what PN's are you putting in as the clutch will have to match.

OMC Gears NOS #398035 these a

OMC Gears NOS #398035 these are the forward gear and pionon i just bought off ebay i had the understanding that these where stock from my other forum about gear sets and so i am trying to locate a stock clutch

Back