Logo

GM 350 rotation

hilltop50

Just bought a Silverton with t

Just bought a Silverton with twin 350's and the port engine is stuck. Would this one be a reverse rotation motor? How can I tell the difference?

"usually, the LH, or standard

"usually, the LH, or standard rotation is on the port and the reverse rotation engine is on the starboard....the reverse is true with the 1.91:1 velvet drives (going on an old memory...).

If they are older crusaders, they put a RH or LH on the serial number plate at the flywheel cover. Many also have a "rotation arrow" decal, too. The newer one also have it coded into the serial number but i don't remember which digit.

I'll bite...what do you mean the "engine is stuck"?"

"about 40 hours after new engi

"about 40 hours after new engines were installed, the port engine had a gasket fail and cylinder was salted."

It is a '78 model 28ft sed

It is a '78 model 28ft sedan. Would be darn nice if they are both standard. I was told that the v-drives are 1:1. Does that help?

No. Some trannies reverse the

No. Some trannies reverse the roation inside. You might try finding the serial number on yuours and contacting the tranny manufacturer.

Jeff

"How old are the engines? do y

"How old are the engines? do you know the serial numbers?

here's a chart for decyphering the newer engines. the newer engines usually have decals on 'top' of the engines. The older engines have a RH or LH stamped into the plate in front of the 5/6 digits.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_msword.gif""" align=left alt=""application/msword"">serial
[url=""][b]CRUSADER SN ID.rtf[/b][/url] (13.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

Back