Logo

1987 DT65 Rev Limiter Water Flow

wpalmisano

"OK boys, I am the third owner

"OK boys, I am the third owner of a 1987 Suzuki DT65TCLH. I possess all the paperwork, original brochures, and Certificate of Origin going back to day 1. Have had the boat for many years, I got it from a guy in my bass club who warned me it always has " waterflow issues."
Sure as heck, the impeller has been rebuilt about 6 times by "official Suzuki dealers" and one hack mechanic.
The water flow switch even melted down once, and the rev limiter noise is constant. I have paperwork proving this is an ongoing issue with the motor for the 12 years I have owned it. Otherwise, this motor is awesome. When it runs, it runs !
I have changed out the thermostat multiple times, spent 500.00 on waterflow switches, the list goes on and on. I figure with what I paid for the boat and the water related repairs I am in for about 3500.00.
I am eagerly awaiting a NOS service manual and some parts. I am going to do it myself.
What should I be looking for ? Are there ongoing issues with this cooling system design ? Did anyone have similar issues and how did you fix it ?"

Back