Logo

Gamefisher 75hp stalling problem

iceman00

"hi,
i have a gamefisher 7.

"hi,
i have a gamefisher 7.5hp motor model # 217-586751. the problem is that the motor will run for five minutes and then it cuts out and when i try to start it ,it won't start. i have to let it cool down for a bit and then it will start again. then it runs for several minutes and it stalls again. i have put new points,plug, and condenser in it.also when it is running at full throttle it starts breaking down.any info on what this problem could be, would be appreciated.
thanks rick"

"These had a water pump which

"These had a water pump which kept the bottom bearing and seal from burning up. See if the engine has any paint left just below the power head or has it all burned off.

Next is the 2 way fuel system. Besides the tank on the engine- it could be hooked up to a remote. I would put clear fuel line on the tank and the fitting to the remote yank. This will tell if you have an air leak.

Which ever tank you are using, you need it vented. And close off the tank your not using. So make sure the tank vent works. There is a small screen in the gas tanks that can make fuel stop.

Can you have any effect on the process with the choke or throttle?

Do you know how to adjust the jets. Or clean the carb. These would be next.

If you would like a generic book on air cooled OB, send me an e-mail. It's a first draft- so a little rough."

Back