Logo

1964 1967 Trojan Sea Voyager V8 Motors

harlygold

"I have a 1963 through 1967 36

"I have a 1963 through 1967 36 foot Sea voyager with Twin Gray Marine 220 power plants. I am certain these are actualy Chrysler blocks, but I am uncertain of exact size. 318, 340, 360 or so on.
Part 2, The port side engine runs nice and smooth when fed from a plastic 2 gallon gas can, but when I hook her back up to the main fuel tank she runs poorly, no idle below 2000 rpm's
I am baffled.
Part 3, I would think that the firing order would be the same on both engines as they both turn Counter clock wise, I have spark and I have fuel going to the motor, the wirring was done differently on the starbird motor, so I switched it back to how the port side was set up, and still nothing. Does any one have the firring order for the Gray Marine 220 motors, and if so what location of the dist cap would be the starting point for? Thanks"

"I too think they are AMC / 32

"I too think they are AMC / 327. as Gray used them in the mid 60's. Is the flywheel forward? If so one confusing thing is the intake was mounted backward on the flywheel forward engines in order for the carb to sit level and face forward in the boat, thus the numbers on the intake will not match the correct cylinder."

"Dennis, I'll cut to the c

"Dennis, I'll cut to the chase, here is a picture of the 327 with firing orders and cylinder positions so there will be no doubt. Remember that no matter which was the engine is facing, flywheel forward or back the distrib rotor ALWAYS TURNS COUNTER CLOCKWISE! It gets confusing and I have helped many people on this forum with the same problem so you are not alone. If you need I can send you an actual picture of the engine, with the plug wires numbered.
Cal
290391.jpg
327 firing order

"Dennis,

Sounds like your p

"Dennis,

Sounds like your port engine is starving for gas when connected to your main tank. Probably a blockage in the pick-up tube or fuel line. Some pick-up tubes have screen inserts inside of them. Also, if it has anti-syphon vales at the top of the pick-up tubes check those. They are notorious for going bad and shutting off gas flow."

Back