Logo

Forward pinion and gear on a 30 1986

jrod1540

Contributing Member
quick question can someone ple

quick question can someone please give me part numbers for a 1986 3.0 omc outdrive forward gear and pinion mine are toast and seloc doesnt have them in parts so i cant find a part number for them also if you do give me a number can you say what it is for i.e. sierra or oem that way i can use it to cross reference to other manufactures or oem thanks

"not sure what ratio you mean,

"not sure what ratio you mean, the overall gear ratio for the 3.0 from 86 thru 89 is 1.71:1"

well i am seeing a lot of gear

well i am seeing a lot of gears sets other than BRP out there and they say something like the gear 13:26 or 14:21 etc i assume its referring to the amount of teeth for the pinion and forward gear not really sure and BRP no longer sales the pinion and forward gear do you know of anywhere else to check for these two gears i know my local marine shops have them but they are asking like 400 dollars plus for the two gears

"go to the top of the page her

"go to the top of the page here and click on engine parts, punch in 393633, it does have multiple subs but they show 10 in stock $175, they also point to a Sierra PN for $315"

According to BRP those are for

According to BRP those are for a 1990 2.3 ltr...sorry but keep looking you may find something on ebay.

Back