Logo

1961 ford f250 292 v8 block

rockyrowed

"ive located a 292 complete an

"ive located a 292 complete and running engine
ive got a 1958 bellboy inboard 292 v8 (rwc) the tag on the tranny reads intercepter,dearborn marine eng.,model 215 with serial #35453 (brass/red)tag is this the right block for a rebuild the 1961 f250 292 looks just like mine
(pictures i need to go look still) will it also work with my trans,exhaust,..etc.."

"May be a difference in the dr

"May be a difference in the draftube mounting
area. But other than that & right or left
drive, you should be fine."

im not familer with what a dra

im not familer with what a draftube mounting area is... the 1961 engine is counter-clock wise as sitting in the drivers seat am. thank-you

The draft tube (As I shoul

The draft tube (As I should have called it) was
crankcase ventilation prior to the introduction
of the PCV valve. It was attached to the rear
of the valley pan on 61 car engines - but was
actually mounted on the left side of the engine
toward the front on earlier cars.
Most boat engines rotate opposite of car engines.

thanks .....im thinking that 6

thanks .....im thinking that 61 f250 engine fuel pump seems wrong my bottles on top theres is on the bottom with filter although i do think itll work why mines on top doesnt make sense but it might have to do with vapers leaking... im on hold till i find out what engines will bolt up to my trans/gear box any info ? thanks

"Well, the trans mount area of

"Well, the trans mount area of the Y block is
unique as far as I know. It is the same no
matter wat it came from though. Addaptors
abound for most anything you wanta do."

"If it is a "215", it

"If it is a "215", it is a 312 cubic inch engine. The code cast into the underside edge of the head and the valley of the block would be ECZG. Some of these were right hand rotation meaning the flywheel turns clockwise when standing BEHIND the engine. The crankshafts are unique to rotation. As all car/truck engines are "left hand" or "standard rotation" (turning counterclockwise when standing behind the engine, a right turning engine wont work in a car."

Back