Logo

Cooling a perkins 63544

baybilly

"i just recently got a perkins

"i just recently got a perkins 6.354.4 engine and put it in my boat i have three water ports on it, i know where the raw water intake goes, the other two ports are on the front of the motor one port is coming from the fresh water tank mounted on the motor and the other is at the water pump, can i just use a peace of hose to loop from port to port or do i need a big fresh water tank,thanks John"

"john,
What type of coo

"john,
What type of coolng system does your engine have heat exchanger or keel cool, who did the conversion? dry or wet manifold?

Cheers, Tassie.."

"hey tassie,not sure this is t

"hey tassie,not sure this is the first deisel engine i have owned and no very little about them i do know its not keel cooled it does have a fresh water tank mounted on the motor holds about 4 or 5 gallons of coolent i guess that would be your heat exchanger? it is a wet manifold,and the motor was like that when i got it,it came out of a mainship so not sure who did the conversion,i can say it wasnt me, it is just as i got it, so any hep on this would be great,hope that helps ya,thanks John"

"yes i can, but not till the w

"yes i can, but not till the weekend i am hours away from boat right now, but definately will get them posted cause i really need to find out if this will be an ok setup{the loop setup} i plan to take the 115 mile trip in about 2 weeks from where i bought the vessel to were it will be sliped and dont want to take any chances on overheating,i installed the engine and got it all square and lined up, just not sure on the proper way to cool it, i have it looped now and can run it for 20 min or so and no prob with overheating just dont know about 115 miles though,i also have the raw water hooked up and working i have good water flow out of exhaust, thanks John"

Back